Thursday, January 04, 2007

January things.

January comes each year and makes me semi-bored. How can January feel like a new year when you have a year-round occupation? My class does not start for another two weeks, and so I am currently searching for purpose. I don't do well with spare time; I never have. Spare time is when I get my most introspective and dark, and/or when I get my most drunk.

Some solutions I have come up with:
1. Go to NY this weekend to visit grandparents and all of those people I've been meaning to see but haven't in a very long time.
2. Search PVCC for night classes in which I can channel this energy. There is so much energy that it becomes negative in the overload, and maybe if I take a drawing or painting or ceramics class I can transfer the energy to masterpieces that will surely arise within a few class meetings.
3. Visit the Daedalus free-book table daily; preferably as early as possible so as to snag all the good free books. Hey, it says, "With compliments," does it not?
4. Join a gym, so as to at least build some muscle (I currently have zilcho) and recondition my poor lungs that have suffered so much at the hands of smoky bars, before I inevitably get lazy and stop going because I get too busy with work and school. (This is another reason why choice #1 looks good--you can't smoke in NYC bars!!)
5. Cover the slanting ceilings of my room with paper and create a charcoal masterpiece. This idea has been floating around in my head for a while now; previously I was afraid of the charcoal dust falling on my head while I sleep, or even worse, the entire masterpiece falling on my head while I sleep.
6. Look to February, which proves to be a most exciting and jam-packed month. This is the least desirable option. Looking forward to things all the time only means you are unhappy in your present. Actually, I should check out flights to St. Croix and ask the boss if I can spirit away for a long weekend somehow pre-week-long-conference in another city.
7. I really need to go back to school full-time. If all one wants to do is read and drink coffee and feel cozy in woolen ponchos, I believe these are clear signs that one is meant to be a perpetual student. What does the debt matter if all it does is pile up? Then I'll never have to pay it back!

Since 7 is a number that frequently identifies me in my life, I shall stop there. Also because the sole New Year's resolution is to stop being a dead-beat and get work done at work and not during non-working hours, as I was wont to do in 2006.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home