Wednesday, March 14, 2007

a song to my nose

I'm quite the baby when it comes to being sick. You'd think getting a severe cold/sinus infection twice a year would not be the end of the world. Hell, I never breathed through my nose during my entire middle school career!! Now that I've grown out of the nasal affliction, whenever it comes back I fall apart.

I hate taking sick days. I'd rather somehow accumulate these days and try for extra vacation time somehow. This is why I have gone home sick two afternoons in a row. Which equates to one day. One day spread over 48 hours where I do nothing but sleep and moan and blow my nose and manically clean the back porch (which was formerly serving as our catch-all for trash and recycling), manically light tiny candles along the perimeter of said back porch and sit on the couch in my pajamas, hoodie up, orange juice and tissues in hand, and think, "Wouldn't this be great if I were well?" And then I work from home on my laptop. Ha! Take that sick day! I'm logging in at least 3 hours today! Which means I've only taken 3 sick hours today and 3.5 yesterday! The workaholic persists again!

I think I'm delirious.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home