Tuesday, June 05, 2007

Can I have some olives with that beer?

I've been having a hard streak of food addictions lately. Most of the times, my food cravings run along the lines of nachos and quesadillas at every hour of the day or night. However, I am pleased/embarrassed to report that manzanilla olives are the new/old best thing I have ever tasted.

Why?

-Always present at bars and free for the most part!
-Found in Bloody Marys.
-Cheap-ish at the grocery store.
-Can be eaten with a fork, spoon, knife, or hands!
-Semi-good for you and semi-bad for you. (hey, at least they don't bind like cheese)
-Small enough where you can have twenty and feel fine and small enough where you can have three and feel even better.
-Just soo good. Try one today.

As long as you don't mind being that weird chick asking for a stab of olives along with your beer, this is such a fool-proof food that I cannot believe I did not appreciate it in all of its immediately gratifying glory sooner.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home